These vehicles are perfect for exploring the great outdoors of North America and finding “wild” camping spots proves easier than expected. A lot of thought was put into supplying a very complete set of equipment. We drove desert trails in Utah and Mountain passes in Colorado, and thoroughly enjoyed our adventure overland holiday. This experience will also entertain people who have done overland trips in other parts of the world, Africa, Australia and the Middle East included.
-Michel van Dorst, Roosendaad, Netherlands
The Sportsmobile is the quintessential off road luxury vehicle for the Western States. Based on the E350 Ford Van this vehicle has room to stretch out inside and out. Everything is contained and setting up camp takes only a few minutes with the electric pop up top for standing (6’9″ inside!) and sleeping quarters.
Inside you will find two captains chairs, a sofa bed, refrigerator, sink, and ample storage space for food, gear and clothes including hanging space (to keep the wrinkles out of your dress khaki’s for that big night out in town!).
The Sportsmobile has high clearance and the Sportsmobile proprietary four wheel drive system which provides high and low range gear options, Atlas transfer case, and the ability to disconnect the front sway bar for increased suspension articulation. Powered by a V-10 gas engine, this van has the power to cruise the interstate as well as deliver the comforts of home to some of the most remote, spectacular areas on the globe.
- Sink with pressurized, running water
- Portable cook stove
- Solar panel for extended camps
- Extended body for extra living space and storage
- Electric pop-top – push the button, save your back!
- Many power outlets and inverter for 110V accessories
- 6.8L V-10 Powerplant
- Seating for 5 (rear seats best suited for children)
- Interior sleeping for 4 (2 upstairs, 2 down)
- Heated interior space ideal for colder weather
- 6’8″ of interior standing room with pop-top “up”
- Storage for lots of gear – great for photographers